Saturday, September 29, 2007

Just let it be...

I love my Mom.
(obviously - she is getting a second pair of socks before I do - maybe)
But, when she says you should really talk to PE (brother's MIL) about socks, she really doesn't get it. It's not that I can't do it, it's just I haven't found the perfect pattern.
I'm trying to make socks for the big gurl (and then the little gurl). She picked out Regia, 4ply crazy color in a rainbow of colours (mostly pink and purple). I tried the toe up formula, but the needles are wrong. Well, in order to avoid the provisional cast on I have to use a circ and I don't have a circ in that size. Mom sees that as well maybe you can't do it.
So I compromised, I cast on my Firestarter socks, ordered some yarn for my SP11 (and myself) wishlisted some other yarn and joined the Six Sox Kal (more for my autumn sock swap) but also cause I really love the I Love Gansey sock. I'm seeing my ILG in blue - cherry tree hill blue, but am also going to find a solid blue for my ASS (hmm not a good abbreviation) WELL DOH it is a HARVEST Sock Swap. HSS much better(couldn't take out the other though).
Must organize yarn and needles better so would know if had the right ones or not.

(from the to do list of previous post - 3 loads of laundry done, 3 quilt blocks total done, firestarter started, #11, first half of #4, and well working on #2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13).

There is always tomorrow.

No comments: