1. What is your preference? ground
2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast - leaded
3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up? flavoured coffee - love hazelnut
4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both? Drink it for pleasure, and occasionally caffeine
5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers? YES to both
6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? Large lovely mug
7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it! morning, on my porch in spring or fall, just taking it easy before the busyness that hits at around 7:15 am
8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company? it honestly depends on the time of day - evenings for knit night, it's a decaf latte with something slightly sweet or even a bowl of soup or chili; mid afternoons - high sweetness and half test coffee, and 10:00 ish - high test coffee with either muffin or sinful danish
1. Do you knit or crochet? both
2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? 100% wool or cotton - or super soft
3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now? toddler socks, afghan (baby and adult) sweater (hibernating) scarf, head scarf
4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? browns and blues What about those that you'd never find in your stash? anything fluorescent or neon
5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? love bryspun and bamboo/wood Any you just detest? not really
6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? stitch markers Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? would love a novelty tape measure - can't justify it when you have a practical one in your purse and knitting bag Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan?actually yes
7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with? cause it's spring it would be either the cotton or the bamboo
1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are? uhm, no - it snowed last night and is currently blowing outside with cold winds.
2. What's your favorite spring flower? tulips and daffodils Do you have one?
3. What do you most look forward to about springtime? all the buds and flowers and leaves
4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day? gardening, take the gurls to the park, knit a little while they play
5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? not really - nothing can do about it and it's gorgeous today How do you spend that day? housework and knitting what helps cheer you up? coffee and sweets
Odds n Ends
1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles?
2. Are you allergic to anything? cats and most perfumes/floral scents
3. Do you have pets? no - just 2 gurls
4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro?this is my fourth What are the last 2 swaps you participated in? winter wonderland hot cocoa swap and Coffee Swap
5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.
Yarn Harlot - local celebrity who faces the same things we do
Knit & Purl Mama - great yarn store, Canadian and talks about almost everything.
please be advised I read many more and love them too, but could only be 3 and already at 4.