Saturday, November 3, 2007

Coffee Talk: Topic One

When did you first start drinking coffee? (tasted as I child and still recall making my Dad and his accountant Instant that stood their hair on end)
What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell? Tell us how your passion began
Honestly - I was about 20 and working as a waitress/hostess/banquet server. I needed a pick me up some mornings (cause at that age you while away the evening hours after work dancing and drinking non coffee). I can even recall my first year at university (prior to this) telling someone that coffee was disgusting and I would never become a drinker of it and why is there only 'coffee hour' and not hot chocolate or tea... But at work, it was the only 'free' hot drink and when you are there greeting people as the door opens and closes, you kind of start. It was not about the caffeine because I had a very low tolerance and I usually had decaf, but it was about the flavour. I got to the point, when I knew that the pot was off and new brewing was required. Then I had one of Starbucks specialty coffees and it was all over. Also, if we were out for dinner with others, I would order the flavoured dessert coffee, and suddenly I was a coffee drinker.
I have proven to myself a number of times that I can do without the caffeine(stopping cold turkey or drinking decaf, but I always miss my coffee and tea just doesn't do it for me anymore.

1 comment:

Ragan Knits etc... said...

LOL!
That was a good story to start my day (which has not been the greatest thus far and it is only 9am).
:-)