Saturday, June 7, 2008

I am no longer a caffeine drinker

I have narrowed it down to the caffeine and allergies.
So I bought decaf coffee today. Just plan old Maxwells, until I have time to research and find the good stuff. And by no longer being a caffeine drinker, it doesn't mean never, it just means limited and no more pop and cola and perhaps reduced chocolate consumption and well, definitely reduced dark roast full bodied caffeinated coffee.
It freakin sucks. I love my dark roast coffee. But I had no twitchies until the end of Thursday - and I just had tea (can't quit cold turkey).
Of course, the extra sleep really helps too.

On the knitting front i frogged two items:
The cardi/shrug that ran out of yarn. So I have two skeins of blue sky alpaca dyed cotton in espresso to admire. Now that's an idea - only buy yarn in coffee hues...
Tymon's bootee is no more - I was trying to make an armored bootee by using yarn that was too thick.

My Pumpkin Latte Grasshopper scarf is about halfway - I am working two halves separately and will join them in the middle.
The laundry was done - for 5 minutes. Then I stripped the beds and it started all over again.

To sleep, perchance to dream - provided the temperature in the house drops below 81 degrees (in winter it hovers around 69).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you about the heat. Hopefully we don't have to turn on the AC too soon.

Montreal Mama said...

The only caffeine I get is in soda. I've never had a cup of coffee in my life! (Not a coffee drinker)!

Can't wait to see some knitting progress pictures.

Ah, summer weather. I'm grateful for my central air, or I wouldn't survive this pregnancy, that's for sure!

Heather said...

It is 97+ degrees here by the water. Washington Dc is supposed to feel like 105. I do not even want to see my elecric bill.

Sarah said...

From one dark roast coffee lover to another, you totally have my sympathies.