Monday, August 6, 2007

The long weekend

Well - what a week end. Today is a holiday and we were well not really holidaying, but lots of things got done FINALLY.
I didn't take pictures, because, I never thought of it and it was hot.
I have a clothesline!!!! And the first loads have been folded and put ... they are still in the hamper. There is a gate that I can keep the gurlz in with (it was free) The apartment stairs which shook and wobbled and well, I feared for my sanity, have been levelled and supported and they are wonderful! The cables and wireds and junk on the side of the house have been removed and only those that actually provide a service are remaining.
Pictures have been hung, there is a bulletin board in the office, and the bathroom and kitchen sparkled for a while. The big gurlz desk and craft supplies are organized once again.
How you ask? My Mom and Dad came for the week-end and helped out. Dad went to visit a guy who he is helping to buy a house and came home with two lovely black gates. The house is becoming mine some more. Only 8 months since we moved in.
The clothesline and stairs were on the top of the list of things to do.
On the knitting front, I have turned the heels on my cowgirl socks. And I think I am satisfied with how they are coming along. My foot is so wide at the ankle/heel area, that the yarn was really stretching and they were frogged twice and replotted 3 times after the 3 heel was completed. I will see after the next pattern repeat what happens. Squatty #1 is on a time out as I figure out the rest of it, and squatty #2 is started, but has been deserted in favour of the socks.
My Yarn Pirate and Monster Hat kits arrived. Thank you Georgia and Jacey. Everything is lovely. I must find the time to knit those too.
That's it for now. Have a great night and pictures will come someday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Youpie!! Looks like you got a heck of a lot more accomplished this weekend then me.