1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
I usually make store bought with water in a big mug 'cause I don't have the patience to wait for the milk or to mix my own. I love the gourmet store bought - especially the dark chocolate which is a little less sweet.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
I prefer whipped cream, but fresh marshmallows are nice.
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
My current favourite is worsted to chunky weight in either organic cottons or wool - superwash or not. I love blues and browns with green thrown in to complement my hair.
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
I do both. Currently am knitting mainly, but often use crochet to start or finish.
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
I love both dpn and circs in bamboo or addi. I would love to try some of the wood needles out there, but haven't found a good selection to choose from.
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
I have a decent supply of stitch markers and stuff, but have admired some of the mini crochet hooks and needles for helping with dropped stitches and stuff. Also looking for a finer needle for seaming and end weaving - I think it's called a chibi?!? but mine works with worsted weight so not much good on my lace and socks.
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
I'm looking for a project bag - one that just speaks to me. Sounds stupid I guess, but i want one that I can be sure my yarn is safe in - won't pop out on me or anything. I visualize it as almost like a separate compartment for the working ball of yarn with a little hole to let it out and then when in use, can stay inside, but stays safe when travelling. Saw one once with clear vinyl, but wasn't sure if I want everyone seeing my stuff.
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)?
I love granny squares - little bit of colour changes, and voila pretty design. For knitting,may sound funny, but the toe of a sock - all that short rows or the magic cast on and voila - a sweet little pocket...hmm that gives me an idea for my stitch markers...
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
I love playing with my gurlz in the snow (not to cold), curling up under a blanket near the wood stove(imaginary at my house but awesome over the holidays at my parents) and knitting in the evenings and lately my mornings involve coffee, but my afternoons or early evening - a lovely cup of hot chocolate or tea.
2. What is your favorite animal?
It's always been cats - especially tiger/leopard/lion KITTENS, but I am loving some of the sweet little dragons/frogs/turtles that are floating around out there. And a really sweet teddy animal of any kind - monkey, rabbit, puppy.
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
YES!! Especially when it rains in January and everything is grey and wet, but you know that winter is not even close to being over yet.
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Hide with a video OR spend money slightly recklessly OR do something with my gurlz.
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
A new front step/walkway and my own tulips and daffodils we planted this fall.
6. What are your favorite treats?
Chocolate - dark, or real fruit gummis
7. What is your favorite board game?
I prefer Yahtzee and card games, although Monopoly was always a hit in our house.
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
2 gurlz - 6.75 years and 2.25 years.
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
I am allergic to strong perfumes, cats and feathers.