Sunday, September 28, 2008

A week and a half and what to show for it...

.. some knitting has been done - hint 6 of sotsIII is complete and 7 is just waiting for me. Little gurl's birthday Blithe is coming along - 4 inches of skirt done. I have a week - She was born at 11:45 pm (this time 3 years less one week ago, I was probably puttering around yet as labour didn't start until after 10:00 pm when my water broke). Other knitting, well the February sweater has one skein of yarn done and the next has been wound up, so progress could occur. But the stole and Blithe are both on deadlines of sorts so....
The stupid dumb contractor has been fired. After I spend a weekend trying to find a mint condition FREE clawfoot tub cause the one I bought 5 weeks ago wasn't going to fit and .... this of course from the guy who said he would be basically done in 2 weeks. A new guy starts tomorrow - he says a week and she will be able to use her tub again.
If you don't hear from me for some time after today, you know the second floor collapsed onto the first and then all the way to the basement (the yarn stash is a good distance from the work area).
For some winter knitting inspiration, go see some of Monica's FO's. I'm not sure when I can cast the first one on... and I am in total agreement with her ravelry comment. If it is only available on ravelry, great, but if not, GO TO THE SOURCE folks. (I only linked to Monica, cause her pics of FOs are inspiration enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

UGH! That contractor stuff is so annoying!